Government orders Race Course Road slum residents to vacate by March 6   - pravasisamwad
February 21, 2026
1 min read

Government orders Race Course Road slum residents to vacate by March 6  

Centre allots 717 flats at Savda Ghevra under rehabilitation plan

Pravasi Samvad New Delhi Bureau

New Delhi, February 21, 2026

The Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs has ordered residents of three slum clusters along Race Course Road to vacate by March 6 or face legal action.

The ministry notice orders residents of Bhai Ram Camp, Masjid Camp and DID Camp, living illegally in slums, to vacate the area.

Officials said the move is part of efforts to reclaim government land encroached by slum dwellers in high-security zones near key residences.

Members of Parliament reside in bungalows around Race Course Road. Authorities have periodically cleared encroachments from this high security zone.

The Housing Ministry said it has allotted 717 flats under the rehabilitation policy at Savda Ghevra in northwest Delhi.

The ministry decided slum dwellers’ eligibility under the Delhi Urban Shelter Improvement Board rules after a joint survey with the Delhi Development Authority in January.

The ministry had sent eviction notices to residents of the three slums’ earlier in October 2025.

Petitioners challenged the order, but the Delhi High Court on November 13, 2025 directed compliance with due process.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Previous Story

Budget Udaan Yatri Café opens at Mumbai Airport with snacks from ₹10  

Next Story

Indian exporters face heat even as US court scraps Trump’s reciprocal tariffs  

Latest from Blog

Go toTop